If you are also the one who is thinking of taking photography seriously and looking for a profession in it. Then you would definitely look for photography school in India and attend the course. Many colleges and studios also have been a significant part of making the best photographer. Online photographer classes are also an option which could be available everywhere. This article wills a brief description of the advantages of photography classes:
These days, it is not possible to have photography and to be a professional photographer wherever you live and who so ever you are. You may look for some online or offline classes options. In a way to attend professional photography classes, you may typically have a high school diploma and the required types of equipment. There is no such eligibility criterion to become a photographer. No specialized knowledge or basic rules are required; some of the schools also offer courses for children’s as well.
Online classes: In the first case, you would receive lessons in the form of a computer data or document it could be a presentation, PDF. Although these lessons could be productive and informative, they surely could not replace classic photography school with its given darkroom and workshops. However, in many situations, online courses also have some excellent alternative.
Classroom training or Offline photography classes: Education in conventional photography classes in India is a ubiquitous way of professional studying photography. Generally, the lesson represents a lecture, during which students were taught by any mentor. There are many ongoing and upcoming event in which student may participate or in practical lessons which may be taken indoor in any studios or outdoor. As soon as the student went through every lecture and practical, they have to face the exams and assignments, in which topic could be of their choice or given. Finally, the student got a graduation degree.
Common photography classes include
A typical class includes about 20 hours of total classes in which first half is dedicated to the photography studio, darkroom or laboratory. We have listed down the list of professional programs:
- Traditional darkroom: It is build to teach film development, contact sheet as well as for various printing techniques for the darkroom.
- Some basics: Covering or clearing basic concepts of the camera, camera handling, film types, lenses, exposure mechanism, and depth of field.
- Creative and composition elements: It covers the depth of field, some standard composition rules such as the rule of thirds, and other creative and compositional elements.
- Studio lighting: One of the essential aspects of photography is the lighting. So studying the basics of the studio lighting system as well as how to work with various light sources is very much required.
- Colour photography: The basis of everything is essential before its advanced version, so colour photography is essential to study like colour film characteristics, colour as seen, and photographed, white balancing, working with some professional colour laboratories, and the psychological and esthetics aspect of colour photography.
Less common photography schools and classes also cover digital photography, photojournalism, portfolio production, fashion photography, etc.